One of the Significance of Orthodontics
Teeth and facial beauty are closely related, and with the improvement of people’s living standards, people pay more and more attention to teeth, one of the big reasons is the beauty of teeth. In fact, the beauty of teeth and face is not the patent of modern society. As early as in ancient times, our ancestors paid great attention to teeth and beauty, just as in ancient times, when describing a person’s beauty, the natural language is bright eyes and bright teeth. Of course, in modern society, people pay more and more attention to health, including the health of teeth.
What are healthy teeth? What are the standards for healthy teeth? In fact, for healthy teeth, the modern standard is not only that the teeth have no caries (commonly known as insect teeth), gums and periodontal tissues have no disease, but also that the teeth are arranged in order, with moderate inclination and good function; at the same time, the arrangement of teeth and facial soft and hard tissues should be coordinated to form a harmonious beauty of the face.
It is through the appliance that the teeth are straightened, the upper and lower teeth form a harmonious occlusal relationship (function), and at the same time, it is through changing the coordination of the soft and hard tissues under the face to achieve the purpose of beauty. Because of this, orthodontics plays an important role in the beauty of teeth and face.
So what kind of teeth need to be corrected?
- Dentition crowding: the teeth come in and out, there is serious crowding, and the patients’ teeth and appearance are very beautiful. (as shown in the figure above, the teeth are not in alignment and come in and out.)
- Gap between teeth: it can be seen that the anterior teeth are not closely arranged and sparse, and there is a gap between teeth, which seriously affects the aesthetics of anterior teeth and appearance of patients. (as shown in the figure above, the teeth are arranged sparsely with gaps.)
- The upper anterior teeth are protruding outward, the lips are inclined, and the occlusion distance between the upper and lower teeth is large
- Protrusion: at present, the inclination of the teeth is not good, whether it is an external process or an internal inclination, it will affect the beauty of the teeth and the face. The occlusion distance between the upper and lower anterior teeth is large, and the technical term is deep coverage.
Overburden: the upper anterior teeth incline towards the tongue seriously, that is, inward. When the upper and lower teeth are occluded together, the upper teeth completely cover the lower teeth, which has poor aesthetic effect. (as shown in the figure above, the upper anterior teeth incline inward and completely cover the lower anterior teeth during occlusion.)
- Anti fit (commonly known as Baotian): we all know that the upper front teeth are usually outside the lower front teeth, and the upper front teeth should cover the lower front teeth. And some people’s upper anterior teeth are occluded into the lower anterior teeth, that is, the anterior teeth are reversed, which also has a great impact on the beauty. (as shown in the figure above, the anterior teeth are reversed, and the upper anterior teeth are occluded outside the lower anterior teeth.)
Through the above illustrations, it can be seen that the arrangement and occlusion of teeth have a great impact on the beauty of teeth and face. Only through orthodontics and rearrangement of teeth, the upper and lower anterior teeth can be restored to normal alignment and occlusion, so as to regain the beauty of teeth and face.
Generally speaking, if only the teeth are not aligned and the dentition space is not extracted, the fixed appliance can be used to align the dentition or close the space, which can achieve good effect and beauty.
However, for patients with seriously irregular dentition, or patients with upper and lower anterior protrusion, the simple alignment of dentition can not achieve good aesthetic effect, which usually needs to be extracted. Generally, the most important teeth in the dentition are extracted: for example, the first or the second bicuspid, using the extraction space, the upper and lower dentition are aligned, and the upper and lower anterior teeth are retracted to obtain a good occlusion relationship Good aesthetic effect.
But for the patients with severe jaw deformity, the dislocation of mandible is serious, the occlusal relationship is quite different, and it is difficult to achieve satisfactory aesthetic effect by simple orthodontic treatment. Only through the combined treatment of orthodontic and orthognathic surgery, that is, through orthodontic treatment to align the teeth, to prepare for jaw surgery, and finally through orthognathic surgery, to correct the abnormal jaw relationship, and achieve satisfaction Results: It can be seen from the above pictures that no matter what kind of malocclusion, we need to use professional orthodontic treatment to align the teeth, adduct the teeth of protrusion, and even correct the jaw deformity through orthognathic surgery, so as to achieve the harmony of teeth and facial tissue and obtain the best aesthetic effect.