Different Types of Dental Cosmetic Surgery
When you want to improve your smile, what dental work do you choose? There is no doubt that cosmetic dentistry is on the rise. Even some reality shows give an inside look at how dentists can change their teeth so they have the smile they want. Your dentist will help you decide which one will make you smile the most.
- Teeth Whitening: This process can make your teeth brighter and whiter when they are discolored or stained. This operation can be performed at the dental office or at home. Not everyone’s teeth can be bleached, so it is important to check with your dentist first.
- Beauty Veneer: Veneer is a thin shell made of ceramic or composite material. They are custom made and glued to the front of the teeth. Veneers can be used to treat dental conditions, such as slightly curved teeth, discolored teeth, nicked teeth, and even the gaps between teeth.
- Denture implants: Denture implants are generally a metal called pure titanium, used to replace missing teeth. The device is usually made of titanium and is surgically implanted into the jawbone because the teeth there have been lost. Unlike dental bridges, implants are permanent. Dental implants are designed to act as roots and can hold dentures or dentures, such as crowns, bridges or dentures.
- Dental crown: Usually made of ceramic or precious metal, melted to withstand the pressure of bite. Dental crowns can be used in cosmetic dental treatments for poorly shaped teeth, severe decay, breakage, nicks, large fillings or covering the spaces between teeth.
- Orthodontic treatment: Orthodontics is not just for children. More and more adults are seeking treatment from orthodontists for cosmetic purposes. If you have crooked teeth, ask your orthodontist if they can help you.
Talk to your dentist to discuss what you want to change and which procedure best suits your needs. Of course, dental aesthetics may not be covered by insurance or may have high out-of-pocket expenses, which may be a factor that you need to consider when choosing.