Do These Twelve Homework Before Taking Your Child to See the Dentist
- Avoid telling your children about their painful treatment experience, it will cause the child to have a preconceived fear.
- Don’t tell the child “just show the uncle dentist”, if the child asks what to do, you can answer “will not know until the uncle dentist finishes reading.”
- Some parents say that their teeth have become discolored due to their own past experience, but when taking a child to see a tooth, please ask the parents themselves not to be nervous first, but to take their child to look at the tooth in a relaxed manner. Your tension will be transmitted to your children invisible.
- Try not to use bribes to deceive children into hospitals. They should gradually let children know the importance of seeing their teeth and understand that regular oral examination and oral health care are their own responsibilities.
If you are willing to see a dentist, I will buy you toys or chewing gum; let the dentist fix the tooth decay in your teeth, and you can eat what you love.
View more quality dental handpieces with low price and free shipping all over the world.
- Don’t have the idea of doing many treatments in one course of treatment, because the children’s patience is limited, so the time of one treatment is preferably between 20-30 minutes. But after the children get used to the treatment environment, they can gradually increase the amount of treatment.
- Don’t mention words such as “pull”, “injection”, “injection”, “pain” that can scare children, you can use words such as “take” and “shang” instead. For example, “Remove the toothworm today” or “No anesthesia today”.
- During the treatment of the dentist, please cooperate with the dentist, try to keep silent and smile, you can praise the child, but do not threaten or scold the child, so that the child has a stable and good one-way communication relationship with the dentist, When necessary, the dentist will invite parents to wait in the waiting room.
- After the child has been treated for two or three times, if you are accustomed to the treatment environment, please ask your parents to withdraw from the clinic as much as possible, so that you can develop the independence of the child, and the child will be happy that he grew up and is respected.
- When anesthesia is needed during the treatment, please look naturally relaxed, because your tension will be transmitted to the child, increasing the difficulty of the treatment process. Never hold the child’s hand to comfort the child and say, “It’s okay, just a little pain, just be patient.” This is a taboo, so to speak, it will make the original relaxed state into tension.
- Children’s dentists sometimes stop loudly to stop your children from crying. Please don’t be surprised or speak out at this time. This is just a way to control children’s behavior. It is not a dentist’s temper.
- Whether your child is crying or not, don’t forget to praise, but don’t buy or bribe. If you cry, you can say “Although you have tears, but you are brave enough to complete the treatment.” If you don’t cry, you can say “Good God today, I didn’t cry at all.”
- If you get anesthesia during the treatment, go back and pay attention to the child within 2-3 hours, do not let the child bite his lip. Because the lips have not regained consciousness at this time, the child will be curious and will keep biting, even if the bite is broken, there is no pain. If unfortunately the lips are bitten, they will swell very much and last for 4-5 days before they will heal naturally.