How to Solve Handpiece Problems?
The inspection found that the bearing was dirty due to the accumulation of debris.
- Check the water supply to the dental chair;
- Flush the handpiece with a handpiece cleaner before sterilization;
- Replace the bearings and clean the handpiece with an ultrasonic cleaner when installing new bearings.
The bearing was found to be black when inspected due to excessive sterilization temperature and accumulation of debris.
- Complete the above steps first;
- Check the sterilization oven and, if necessary, have a professional check of the temperature of the sterilization process.
Bearing balls are often damaged
- Complete the above steps firstly;
- Check the handpiece (including the inner surface) whether damage;
- The bearing should only be repaired once, if it is damaged, the new bearing should be replaced;
- Replace the O-ring in time;
- Try to use the short bur, do not use severely worn burs;
- Repair the bearings in accordance with the prescribed operating techniques;
- The maintenance should be carried out after each patient’s treatment.
If the burs of the push button handpiece cannot be fixed mostly because of the accumulation of debris or the burs being too large. The handling method is the same as the method of not fixing the bur.
The bur is shaken when the bearing rotates. This is often caused by the bending of the bur or the offset of the center of the mandrel.
- Check whether the bur is bent;
- If the bur is not bent, replace the mandrel;
- Do not use a large bur and a long bur;
The working torque efficiency is reduced, the abrasion of bearing ball wear or tracheal impediment is the main cause of this situation.
- Check the wearing condition of the bearing balls and replace it in time;
- Replace the O-rings;
- Check the air pipe of the handpiece and ask the professional to repair if it is not smooth.
Maintenance-free bearing ball wear
- Do not flush this type of handpiece;
- Do not use ‘maintenance-free’ handpieces and regular handpieces in the same clinic.
In case of bearing rust, normally, the bearing will not rust, but if debris is accumulated and the handpiece is in damp state may rust.
- Wash and dry the handpiece after each patient’s treatment. Do not sterilize the damp handpiece into a paper bag.
The high-speed handpiece http://www.dentalinbox.com/product-category/dental-handpieces/high-speed-2-4-holes/ used in oral cavity is a kind of sophisticated micro-device. In use, in addition to disinfecting the handpiece every day, proper use and maintenance are important measures for the normal operation and extended life of the handpiece; incorrect use will cause the low working speed, high noise and vibration, bearing bead frame breakage, etc., the life is greatly reduced. Therefore, we summarize the points in the daily work and the various instructions for using the handpiece, and learn together with everyone.
Firstly, before use:
- Before installing the handpiece, click the foot switch to spray out the residual water in the pipe, and observe whether the air outlet is normal.
- Install handpiece and bur:
- Spiral style: put the handpiece on the treatment table, put on the bur, use the handpiece key to gently tighten, you can not tigh it too hard.
- Button type (cap type): Press the button on the head of the handpiece to load and unload the bur, relax the button, and the needle is clamped. After the bur is installed, it is qualified by hand.
- jog the foot switch, adjust the water to the appropriate flow, adjust the gas to the appropriate pressure, high-speed handpiece standard pressure is 0.2-0.23 pa.
- Note: The handpiece is forbidden to step on the foot switch before the bur is installed. Otherwise, the three-petal spring will rotate and the top cover will be damaged.
Secondly, during use:
- When the handpiece is in use, it must be careful, meticulous, and slight. It is strictly forbidden to perform barbaric operations. Do not drop the handpiece to the ground;
- Regardless of the angle, you should follow the way of pulling up and down, to make light touch, jog, must not be sideways.
- Using a modified grip pen to take the handpiece, find a stable fulcrum, intermittent operation.
- According to the different tooth positions and the shape of the spare hole, replace the handpiece and the bur in time to minimize the wear on the handpiece bearing.
- To use sharp burs, blunt burs not only time-consuming, laborious, but also damage the handpiece, but also increase the suffering of patients.
- During the use of the handpiece, always check whether the bur is loose, so as not to cause a flying bur.
- Select different handpieces according to different clinical conditions (such as the use of a mini-type handpiece that does not affect the line of sight after the opening of the teeth; a large-power handpiece with strong strength in the preparation of the tooth making)
- The one-time workload is too large. Two handpieces should be used in turn to avoid damage to the handpiece caused by excessive handpiece load, and to save time in replacing the handpiece.
- The radial rotation of the rotor of the handpiece is serious. It is strictly forbidden to use when moving vertically. It is strictly forbidden to use the handpiece in the absence of water or exsiccosis.
- The air pressure and water pressure will change with the use of the treatment table. Therefore, the pressure and water pressure should be checked frequently during clinical operation to ensure the normal use of the handpiece.
After using the handpiece, clean it as soon as possible, otherwise the dirt will solidify and it will be difficult to clean. Before removing the bur, clean the debris on the work head with water mist and then scrub with 75% alcohol. Or use a special handpiece washing machine to clean, do not use an ultrasonic cleaning machine to clean the handpiece, which method is used according to the specific conditions of each clinic.
Fourthly, take the bur:
After use, when you go to the bur, just loose (turn) the key 1/4 turn, too much loose, the three-leaf spring will be damaged. After each use, the bur should be removed in time to facilitate the recovery of the mechanical parts of the handpiece.
Fifthly, maintenance (refueling):
The pneumatic fuel injection tank is the most ideal lubrication tool. It can not only lubricate the handpiece, but also achieve the effect of cleaning the bearing and the wind wheel.
- Remove the burs before using the fuel injection tank (the spiral type handpiece can be turned 1/4 turn), wrap the machine head with paper, and insert the oil tank nozzle into the air intake of the handpiece to ensure sufficient air pressure. .
- The pneumatic fuel injection tank must be used vertically, each time for 2-3 seconds.
- Two hole handpiece, the nozzle is aligned with the large hole spray; the 4 hole handpiece nozzle sprays against the second largest hole.
- In the case of the oil drip method, four drops of oil are dripped against the large hole, and then intermittently blown into the oiling hole with an air gun for 30 seconds.
- It is strictly forbidden to lubricate with industrial lubricating oil to prevent patient poisoning.
- Long-term non-use of handpieces should be added enough oil, sealed and stored.
Sixthly, low speed handpiece:
Regardless of the straight handpiece straight-nose-cone/ or contra angle handpiece , it is strictly forbidden to test the handpiece without loading the bur. After the bur is attached, the shifting fork should be buckled enough and the handpiece can be tested. The refueling method of the low-speed handpiece should be added to the front half of the handpiece (using the sewing machine oil), and after the ventilation is completed, the straight and contra angle handpieces can be used.
(The disinfection of handpieces is not described in detail here.) Any tool has certain operating procedures and methods of use. Only when used in the correct way can the performance and life of the tool be guaranteed. I hope that everyone can use the handpiece correctly, and at the same time, based on their own practical experience, sum up their own better use, so that your handpiece will be better and the life will be longer.