Will the Corrected Teeth be “Beaten Back”?
All kinds of malocclusion, such as irregular dentition, “floating teeth” and “ground covering the sky”, can be corrected by orthodontics. What many patients worry about most is whether the corrected teeth will return to their original shape as time goes on?
Orthodontic treatment is to promote the displacement of teeth or jawbone to produce complex bio mechanical movement according to the direction designed by the doctor through the light force of the appliance, so as to achieve a beautiful and functional effect. Theoretically, any malocclusion may recur after correction. However, if the patient has been corrected properly and can wear the retainer according to the doctor’s requirements, it can keep stable and not recur.
The main causes of recurrence after orthodontic treatment are as follows:
- The dynamic balance of muscle was not reconstructed. When an object is in a static state, it is bound to receive a balance force. When a tooth is stable in a certain position, whether it is in a normal or abnormal position, it is also subjected to a balance force. The soft tissues around the teeth, such as the muscles of the lips, the muscles of the cheeks, the tongue and so on, exert a balance force on the teeth.
The orthodontic force used in orthodontics breaks the dynamic balance of the original malocclusion. After orthodontic treatment, although the shape of the deformity has been corrected, the muscle dynamic balance of the original dentomaxillary deformity has not been completely corrected, and the new muscle dynamic balance has not been completely established, so the dentition is unstable and easy to return to the original position.
- The normal structure and function of periodontal tissue were not recovered. There is a layer of soft tissue called periodontal membrane between the root and alveolar bone. In the process of orthodontic treatment, after the teeth are moved by the force of orthodontic treatment, the gingiva and periodontal ligament will be stretched or compressed, just like the elastic recovery of rubber band.
If the tension between gingiva and periodontal ligament fiber has not established a new balance, the position of teeth is unstable and easy to return to the original position.
- Bad oral habits have not been broken. Many dentomaxillary deformities are caused by bad habits. If the bad habits of dentition deformity still exist after orthodontic treatment, it is likely to lead to recurrence.
- The occlusal balance of upper and lower teeth is not completely established. After orthodontic treatment, a new occlusal relationship has been established between the upper and lower dentition. The cusps and inclines of the teeth have not been completely anastomosed and need further adjustment.
- The eruption of wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth (third molars) have the force of pushing forward and pressing forward, which can lead to the recurrence of deformity.
- The influence of growth type. Different individuals have their own growth trend, which is called growth type. In the early stage of permanent dentition, when the treatment is over, the patients are still in the growth and development stage, and the jaw still grows in the original way. The continuation of this growth type causes the instability of the treatment results.
So, how to prevent recurrence?
On the one hand, orthodontists should design the best correction plan according to the causes, types and growth types of malocclusion, and achieve the correction effect of balance, stability, beauty and coordination through regular correction methods. On the other hand, after correction, patients should wear retainers as required by doctors. Generally speaking, the retainer should be worn for 1-2 years. In the first year, it should be worn in the daytime and at night, and only when eating, brushing and cleaning the retainer, it will not be worn temporarily; in the second year, it should be worn every night; in the next 3-6 months, it should be worn every other night until the teeth are basically stable. During the period of wearing the retainer, the doctor will make a follow-up visit every three months or so. The doctor will give suggestions according to the wearing condition of the individual and the stability of the teeth, so as to prevent recurrence.
Related links: 12 steps of Orthodontics
- Consult a doctor to make a correction plan.
Inquiry (ceramic braces that is transparent, steel also points to domestic and imported) and other related matters. It’s better to consult more than one. Generally speaking, regular dental institutions have quality assurance) economic conditions permit and beauty can choose transparent ones.
- Take X-ray photos of teeth and head bones.
The purpose is to see the development direction of your teeth and bones, so as to make accurate correction methods in the future.
- mold making
Put a fast setting glue on your teeth and take it out after 1 μ 2 minutes of biting. It will become a model of your teeth.
- take photos
The doctor takes pictures of your teeth from different angles for comparison in the future. The only embarrassment is that there is a nurse who opens your mouth, exposes your ugly teeth without reservation, and makes you laugh when you are in full view of the public. But when you get your braces back with the doctor, it will be a big difference. It should be a time of soaring self-confidence.
- tooth extraction
According to the plan formulated by the doctor, when the teeth are pulled out in batches, the average person needs to pull out about 4 teeth, and some special ones, such as those with many wisdom teeth and too dense teeth, also need to pull out about 8 teeth. (some people don’t need to pull out, just molars are OK.) if there’s cavities or something between them, they’ll mend it first, and if there’s calculus, they’ll wash their teeth first. (the purpose of tooth extraction is to make room for irregular teeth due to tooth crowding. When the gap between teeth is closed, it will be handed over to the doctor. So don’t ask the doctor blindly if you want to inlay the extracted gap with the denture. If you want the denture, it’s not faster to go directly to the porcelain. It’s also a crime.
- molar teeth
Some teeth are separated at the same time when they are extracted, and some teeth are separated after they are extracted. The ring is used between the upper and lower big teeth, which generally takes about one week. The purpose is to move the teeth out of a little space, so that when wearing the braces, the steel ring for fixing the braces can be put in. Generally speaking, the teeth will be a little weak, and the upper and lower teeth will be a little painful.
- upper braces
After the teeth are divided, the braces can be applied directly. Just put on the braces and grin a little. The first week may be a little bit sour and soft. I’ll be fine later. If there is oral ulcer, spray Watermelon cream before going to bed at night, and add vitamin B, zinc, etc.
- return visit
It is usually a monthly follow-up visit. The doctor will consult with you at a specific time. The general situation of follow-up is to give you extra strength so that your teeth can move quickly. So the first week of the follow-up may be a little sore, and it will be better later.
- Upper rubber band
Generally speaking, the alignment of teeth will be different due to the speed of tooth movement and various factors of doctor’s technology. Generally, some changes will be seen in one month or so, and basically in line in six months or so. After the alignment is to close the gap between the teeth, close the gap between the teeth, you need the help of the tendons. The leather band is to be taken off when eating. It is said that the effect of the leather tendon is very magical.
When the teeth are closed, it’s also the time to adjust the mid line. When the teeth are closed, the mid line is basically symmetrical, and the mid line is symmetrical, so the face is symmetrical. It’s nice to laugh! Some people may have asymmetric tooth loss, so the mid line is not completely neat, but as long as it is not very crooked, it will not affect the beauty, but at this time, they are not busy picking the braces, and the teeth need to be slightly shaped for a while.
- remove the braces.
It’s the most exciting time! To be perfect, you can wash your teeth or whiten them. Let oneself be more confident, high spirited.
Don’t think it’s done if you take off the braces. For our adults, we should pay more attention to keeping the shape. So the retainer must be worn. Generally speaking, the retainer is worn 24 hours in the first half of the year, and then at night. Take off your meal, pay attention to cleanliness, and don’t waste it for the sake of your suffering. Do not adhere to the band holder is rebound, so remember to adhere to the holder.
View more quality dental handpieces with low price and free shipping all over the world.