There Are Six Problems In Root Canal Treatment You Need to Pay Attention To
- About dental anesthetics
After the root canal treatment appointment is completed, the anesthetics need to be metabolized for several hours, so there will be a strange feeling in the treated area for a few hours; remember to pay great attention to diet at this time to avoid bites or burns.
For example: After finishing the first treatment of the first large molar in the lower left, you walked out of the clinic. The anesthetic in the lower left area has not been removed. .
They are not sensitive to temperature, pain, or touch. These are normal phenomena. After the anesthetics are gone, they will return to normal. Don’t worry too much, so be careful when eating. They are too hot, too rough, too sharp, Stinging food is easy to avoid.
In rare cases, bruises may appear on the gingival part of the injection and the facial skin in this area. You can consider the hot compress method to accelerate the metabolism of bruises, which will disappear after about one or two weeks.
Even less likely, there will be ulceration and skin breakage in the area where the anesthesia needle is injected into the oral mucosa, and the same will disappear after about one or two weeks.
Second, about pain
“Within a few days after the end of your root canal treatment, it is normal to feel some tenderness in this area because your body has undergone a natural healing process. 』
In clinical experience, within a few days after the end of the root canal treatment, patients often hear the description: “The teeth after nerve extraction are strange, swollen, tight, and there will be some discomfort when biting.” This It is our body’s response to the healing process.
Most of these symptoms are only temporary. Just follow the instructions of the stomatologist and use the medicine to relieve discomfort, so that the patient’s life and rest will not be disturbed by this pain. However, be sure to follow the instructions on how to take these medicines, for example: some medicines may make you drowsy; therefore, be very careful after operating dangerous machines or driving cars.
- About the use of teeth
Please remember that when the tooth needs root canal treatment, it means that this tooth is already a diseased or problematic tooth. In other words, the innate conditions before the treatment are not so good, and the teeth after nerve extraction should be used very carefully.
Before complete restoration, or even after complete restoration, food selection is very important. Food that is too hard, too tough, and needs to be nibbled should avoid using this tooth.
Of course, you don’t need to be too afraid that your teeth will be bitten, and you don’t dare to use the tooth on that side to eat.
- About dental restoration
“Root canal treatment is just a step to fully restore your teeth. Proper tooth restoration is essential to ensure long-term success. 』
Therefore, good tooth restoration is the way to continue to exert the maximum function after the treatment of this root extraction treatment.
- About oral cleaning
Oral cleaning is a commonplace. No matter whether the teeth are treated or not, the biggest responsibility of the patient is to clean the teeth and diligently clean; do not wait until the teeth are sick to know the value of dental health.
- Cleaning time, methods and tools are very important. It can reduce the accumulation of tooth decay and plaque, as well as the correct use of dental cleaning tools (toothbrush, dental floss, interdental brush). The outermost protective layer of the tooth is not easy to be damaged and cause tooth sensitivity.
- It is recommended that the brush head of the toothbrush is not too large, but the brush head is too large, but it is impossible to clean the teeth one by one. The bristles of the toothbrush should not be too hard, and brushing should be done by massaging instead of “sawing” the teeth. Finally, dental floss and interdental brushes should be used instead of toothpicks.
- At least use fluoride toothpaste to brush your teeth more than twice a day, every time you brush your teeth for more than two minutes, and use dental floss carefully at least once a day.
- Tongue cleaning can not be ignored, you can stick out your tongue, look at the back of the tongue, you will see a layer of white or brown things attached to the back of the tongue. This is where most bad breath bacteria accumulate, and it is recommended to use a toothbrush or tongue scraper to remove it.
- If you are worried about the acidity of your teeth after drinking soft drinks or acidic drinks, you can drink water or gargle first to reduce the acidity of your mouth.
Recently, the American health website pointed out: After eating and drinking, wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your teeth, especially acidic food drinks and soda drinks. While waiting for these 30 minutes, you can drink water or rinse your mouth first to clean your oral environment.
- Fluoride mouthwashes and dental flushing machines are just auxiliary roles.
- When to contact a physician
After the patient has completed the treatment, if you encounter the following four conditions, it is recommended that you need to find your doctor for follow-up evaluation.
- Found inside your mouth or outside your face, you can see swelling, or swollen gums.
- Allergic reactions to drugs, including rash, urticaria or itching (nausea is not an allergic reaction).
- Symptoms have returned to, there is no similar before treatment.
- The bite feels uneven, weird, or the missing part has dropped.
Well, actually said so much, Xiaoya summarized in four sentences: diligent cleaning, proper use, good repair, and regular referral.
View more quality dental handpieces with low price and free shipping all over the world.