Can’t Swallow, Don’t Want to Talk, Unhappy? Beware of Active Denture Anxiety
American clinical data found that more than 30% of tooth loss patients have symptoms of anxiety and depression, and more than 70% of tooth loss patients are troubled by dietary restrictions and inability to enjoy food, while more than 60% of tooth loss patients will even avoid attending public events and laughing .
Clinically often encountered patients with anxiety caused by active dentures, after dental transfer to psychiatric consultation, it is obvious that physiological dental problems do affect psychological impact, it is not difficult to find in clinical experience and life, people wearing active dentures It is often accompanied by pressures such as restricted diet, causing pain, restricting social interaction, and lack of self-confidence, which can easily cause depression in the long run.
Clinical research also supports that wearing dentures and the ability to chew may cause permanent denture syndrome and may even cause dementia symptoms. People may wish to conduct a preliminary self-assessment through the “Active Denture Anxiety Self-Assessment Scale” at the end of the article. In the assessment, if there are 6 or more of the above descriptions at the same time, it may be anxiety disorder of active dentures. It is recommended that you should further evaluate the wearing status and improvement methods of active dentures with dentists, and stay away from active denture syndrome as soon as possible!
The proportion of missing teeth is increasing
Three years ago, Wang Xing, president of the Chinese Stomatological Association and professor of Peking University Stomatological Hospital, introduced at the Hong Kong International Dental Expo and Symposium that according to the third national oral health epidemiological sample survey, the mainland’s elderly over 65 years old The proportion of people suffering from dental caries is as high as 98.4%, of which the proportion of untreated dental caries is 78.9% to 91.8%, and the proportion of elderly people over 65 years old suffering from various periodontal diseases is also higher than 50%. There are 11 missing teeth per capita, and the percentage of total teeth is 6.8%.
Five reasons for missing teeth
- Bad habits: bad brushing habits and night molars
- Disease factors: Diabetes and periodontal disease can also cause tooth loss
- Accidental injury: broken teeth caused by car accident or impact
- Aging: degeneration of oral function
- Psychological factors: Fear of seeing the dentist
Dental is not like a cold. The human body can treat itself through the immune system. Dental disease is an irreversible disease. If the symptoms of tooth decay or periodontal disease do not immediately seek medical treatment and improvement, the symptoms may only become more and more serious. Full mouth without teeth. For patients with complete teeth loss, the doctor recommends that if there is anxiety disorder of active dentures, you may consider choosing dental implant surgery. Many people hear that implants always retreat, but in fact, with the rapid changes in technology, implants have gradually become the best way to restore teeth.
View more dental handpiece with low price and free shipping all over the world.
Active Denture Anxiety Disorder Self-Assessment Scale
- You often limit the type or amount of food you eat due to movable dentures;
- You often have difficulty biting or chewing;
- You often cannot swallow food smoothly;
- You often hinder talking and talking with people because of the problem of movable dentures;
- You often feel uncomfortable in your mouth and cannot eat normally;
- You often don’t want to interact with people and participate in social activities because of dentures;
- You are often dissatisfied with the appearance of wearing removable dentures;
- You will need to use medicine to relieve pain or discomfort in the mouth;
- You often worry about or worry about the problem of dentures and dentures;
- You often feel nervous or uncomfortable due to active dentures;
- You are often embarrassed to eat in front of others because of the problem of moving dentures;
- You often suffer from discomfort such as gum injury or real tooth pain due to moving dentures.