Are Dental Implants Reliable? Why Is It Said That Dental Implants are The Third Human Teeth?
Dental implants are implants (artificial tooth roots) implanted in the alveolar bone in the missing tooth area to replace the lost natural tooth roots to form a good and stable combination with the alveolar bone; about 3 months after implant surgery Based on the artificial crown restoration, it is known as the third human tooth. There are many restoration methods for tooth/dentition loss, and the current ideal method is implant restoration.
1. The advantages of dental implants
1. It looks similar to natural teeth and is very beautiful.
2. The comfort level is similar to that of natural teeth, and it is tightly integrated with the alveolar bone and gums, without removing and wearing.
3. Restore the occlusal function of natural teeth. The bite force of general dentures is only 1/20 of that of natural teeth, while the bite force of dental implants is close to that of natural teeth and can chew harder foods.
4. Protect adjacent teeth. Porcelain bridge restoration requires the removal of the crown of the adjacent tooth and damages the adjacent tooth, while the implant is only implanted in the missing tooth area and will not damage the adjacent tooth.
5. Get rid of the inconvenience of movable dentures. Dental implants can get rid of the inconvenience of gum pain, foreign body sensation, peculiar smell, and pronunciation effects caused by movable dentures.
6. Increase the retention of complete dentures. Dental implants can better fix the complete denture and make it stronger.
7. Maintain healthy alveolar bone. Long-term use of traditional dentures can cause alveolar bone atrophy. Implanting implants in the edentulous area can increase the bone density of the alveolar bone in the area and reduce bone resorption.
8. The chance of dental caries in implants is 0%.
9. Compared with traditional dentures, dental implants make it easier for you to feel the deliciousness and delicateness of food, thereby enhancing the taste of your life.
10. Cheaper price: Dental implants are semi-permanent restorations, normal use for 20-30 years, or longer. Generally, porcelain bridges repair missing teeth and need to be replaced in 5-10 years. Therefore, dental implants are more durable and cost-effective.
11. Sacrificing healthy teeth for missing teeth is not worth promoting. The life span of porcelain teeth is about 5-10 years, and it is at the expense of good teeth. In the long run, dental implants are the most ideal and cost-effective choice.
Indications and contraindications of dental implants
With the application of various oral implant bone graft technologies and bone graft materials, the continuous improvement of implant systems, the development of imaging technology and digital technology, patients with single tooth loss, multiple tooth loss and edentulous jaws can theoretically accept implant restoration treatment. As long as they are healthy, people over 80 years of age can also have dental implants.
1. Poor general health, severe endocrine and metabolic disorders, such as uncontrolled diabetes.
2. Blood system diseases, such as red blood cell or leukocyte blood disease, blood coagulation disorder, etc.
3. Cardiovascular disease, cannot tolerate surgery.
4. Those who have been taking special drugs for a long time that affect blood coagulation or tissue healing.
5. Severe systemic immune disease.
6. People with excessive addiction to tobacco and alcohol, neurological and mental disorders.
7. Patients during pregnancy.
8. Patients who are restricted by local conditions in the oral and maxillofacial region.
3. Dental implant procedures
is generally divided into four parts:
1. Preoperative examination, development of treatment plan, necessary gingival (week) treatment, such as oral panoramic X-ray, CT if necessary.
2. Implant implant surgery: Place the implant into the alveolar bone. Implant placement surgery is a very common outpatient surgery, generally less traumatic. Operation time: about 20 minutes for an implant.
3. About 3 months after dental implant surgery, put on the healing abutment, take the model after 2 weeks, and wear the permanent artificial crown in about 10 days.
4. Dental implant maintenance and regular follow-up visits: follow-up visits every 6 months to check the tissues around the implants, gums, and adjacent teeth, and do implant maintenance.
Precautions after implant surgery
1. Please avoid excessive exercise, fatigue, sauna and bathing within three days after surgery.
2. After surgery, please rinse your mouth with mouthwash for 3 days, 3-4 times a day, 3 minutes each time. Pay attention to oral hygiene. Shabu teeth in the operating area must be careful to avoid injury to the wound.
3. Smoking banned alcohol for 2-3 weeks after surgery, avoiding overheated food.
4. Do not chew food with the teeth in the surgical area for 4 weeks.
5. Take antibiotics orally for 3-5 days after surgery.
6. If there is significant pain, bleeding, and increased swelling in the operating area 2-3 days after surgery, it is recommended to contact your doctor directly to clarify the cause and treat it in time.
5. Trends in dental implants
1. Immediate implantation, immediate restoration, and minimally invasive implantation are the trend of dental implants. Among them, the minimally invasive implantation technique has little trauma, basically no pain, and good effect.
- Remote consultation will also become an important part of dental implant technology in the future: take a panoramic oral X-ray, or CBCT, and a photo of the missing tooth in the local hospital (it is best to see the upper and lower teeth, open the mouth, and close the mouth. Photos) and other inspections are uploaded online, and implantation experts will have remote consultations, and the implantation plan can be basically formulated. In this way, the time and frequency of patient visits can be significantly reduced, saving time and money.
- Shop quality dental handpieces with low price and free shipping all over the world.